I woke up too early on Saturday. Even after attempting to go back to sleep, I got up at 7:40 a.m. There was a neighborhood-wide yard sale planned & we planned on participating. We managed to find a pile of stuff to get rid of, so I made a pot of coffee and got to work pricing things. About a 1/4 way through, I realized that I didn't feel like yard-salin', so I decided to just put the stuff to the curb. "FREE STUFF" the sign said. People took it as I set it out. Brandon & Mariella (w/their cute babies) stopped by. We joked at how socialistic my place looked what with the "Another Household for Health Care Reform" sign and my free stuff giveaway. Heh. Eventually, the Peeks rolled up. After a bit of coffee & a donut, we walked around to see if there was anything worth buying. Eh. So, we hopped in the car & drove up to the Olive St. house to check it out. They made me more excited about our home-to-be. Or maybe it was the donuts? That much sugar gave me heart palpitations and a tummy ache. Anyway, I'm elated. The Peeks & my bodily issues left, so I spent the next few hours packing more things to make for an easier move later this month. WHOA. This month!
OH! I almost forgot. I got a new toy:

I made a potato leek soup right away. It's been a minute since I've cooked something new or different. It was so pleasurable. That immersion blender changes everything. Smooth, creamy soups 4-eva.
On Sunday, my best mates met me at the house. ATM drove us to Keo, Arkansas to go antiquing. It was a bust, because the store isn't open on Sundays. So, ATM drove us to Jacksonville to look around. Heather introduced us to the very best resale shop I've ever stepped foot into. The goods weren't in total disrepair; on the contrary, they were all in great shape AND very affordable. AND they have a layaway system. This is very good news for someone who will be in the market soonish.
I've always dreamed of having a farm table with a bench on one side & wooden chairs on the other. (Ha, dream big, AMD!) This made me possibly reconsider:

That's some great design! I suppose if a farm table doesn't work out, then definitely this. But, I will hold out longer.
If I had the extra cash, I would've bought this cocktail bar for ATM on the spot:

So stylish!
We went to the flea market briefly. I think we weren't really feeling it, honestly. The grey, rainy weather may've had something to do with it. But, we did stop by Hastings on our way out of town. What a trip. I felt like a teenager in the 90s in there! I even went as far as buying the latest issue of Bust magazine. Time warp. We went home after that. It was too much.
Naturally, I wanted to use the immersion blender again, so I decided on some mushroom soup:


Good grief! It's so good, I'm making it again this evening for Keiko/Luca & Heather. The flavor is so delicate & subtle. I can never eat mushroom soup from a can or restaurant ever again.
7 comments:
I want one of those but still need a slow cooker, rice cooker and a bigger food processor. A TJ Maxx trip is overdue!
I need that cocktail bar! Not want - NEED.
I found your blog by googling "Another Household for Health Care Reform". turns out you're in Little Rock too. (or at least the area.) Cool!
I copied your recipe for the tortilla casserole thing, sounds great!
But the real reason I'm here: where can I get me one a them signs?
Thanks!
Jennifer, I got mine at a rally here in LR. Let me see if I can find the organizer's email address for you.
simonk@dnc.org
Contact this fella for more info on those signs!
awesome, thank you!
love your blog, btw. it's fun to read local ones. I saw us in one of your pix at the NLR Obama rally. :)
Thanks, Jennifer! And thanks for the blog compliment! Welcome!
Maybe I'll bump into you at some rally!;)
Post a Comment